This is a document in “legalese”. That means that it is written in the language of lawyers.
The main idea is this: Laura’s English Class does keep some of the data you provide, such as your name, email address, cell phone number and transaction details. The purpose of this is to keep in touch with you and offer you English learning information, materials, services and offers.
Laura’s English Class does NOT keep your payment information (this is kept by a third-party: Paypal or Acuity Scheduler). Also, this site will make every reasonable effort to keep your information secure and will not share or sell it.
Note that this is an American site that must follow US law in regards to data protection.
If you want more details, feel free to read below! If you have questions, you can contact me as well.
(Note that the Google Translate feature on this Site may contain translation errors!)
Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Laura’s English Class operates the https://www.LaurasEnglishClass.com website (the “Site”).
By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
Laura’s English Class collects several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Site and provide services to you.
Types of Data Collected
For certain features of the Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Local time zone
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, order details, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link on the newsletters or by contacting us.
If you need to change your information, you can do so by contacting us.
We collect information about quizzes taken while logged into the Site, but that’s it for now. Please note that this may be updated in the future.
We keep track of the transaction amounts and identifying details (such as name and email). Otherwise, all financial information is stored by our third-party payment processors.
Use of Data
Laura’s English Class uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To troubleshoot problems
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To provide customer support
- To notify you about changes to our Site and services we offer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To create and manage your account
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site and services we offer
- To fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site
- To provide you with and to deliver targeting advertising regarding news, special offers and general information about goods, products, services, and events which we offer
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Laura’s English Class may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Laura’s English Class only collects information given by the person it belongs to and will not use the collected data for any purpose outside this policy.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to this Site, please note that Laura’s English Class transfers the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there, where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Laura’s English Class may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Laura’s English Class may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Laura’s English Class
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
Laura’s English Class takes reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data; however, nothing on the internet is 100% secure, thus Laura’s English Class cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Laura’s English Class will take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Laura’s English Class relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to provide services on our behalf or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control of information provided by children under 13 years old. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
This site uses Google Translate features, but is not responsible for any errors in translation from this or other translation services. This agreement and all other materials were written in English and, in the event of a conflict in meaning between translations, the meaning evident in the English version is to be considered to be correct.
Contact Laura’s English Class
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: 8 First Ave, Apt 4, Montpelier, VT 05602
Terms and Conditions
By accessing the website at https://www.laurasenglishclass.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to download copies of the free materials (information or software) on the Site website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The purpose of this site is to offer guidance and help in learning the English language. Due to the differences in the way that each person learns, there are NO GUARANTEES or warranties with regard to the fitness, accuracy, applicability or effectiveness of any of the materials or information provided at the Site.
The content created and publicized on this Site are for information and educational purposes only. Laura’s English Class taken great effort to produce the content, BUT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, FITNESS OR APPLICABILITY OF THE INFORMATION THEREIN TO YOUR LANGUAGE LEARNING SUCCESS. Your progress and success are up to you and you alone.
All links are for information purposes only and are not warranted for content, accuracy or any other implied or explicit purpose.
Compensation and Affiliate Disclosure
You will find recommendations regarding certain resources that may help you learn English online. Laura’s English Class is not in any affiliate program and is not compensated for these recommendations.
In no event shall Laura’s English Class be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Site, even if the Site or owner has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on the Site may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on its Site are accurate, complete or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, Laura’s English Class does not make any commitment to update the materials.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Laura’s English Class of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
We may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Vermont, United States of America and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
You made it to the bottom! Kudos!